Our backend team have a wide range of tasks:
● Payment functionality (new plans, special offers)
● Website SEO
● Performance updates
● Multi-region cloud support We are looking for an experienced java engineer who will work alongside us on these projects.
● Recommendations and personalization
What You'll Be Responsible For:
● Develop features and improvements to the Scentbird product in a secure, well-tested, and performant way
● Collaborate with Product Management and other stakeholders to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment
● Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance
● Solve technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
● Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
● Recognize impediments to our efficiency as a team ("technical debt"), propose and implement solutions
● Represent Scentbird and its values in public communication around specific projects and community contributions.
● Confidently ship small features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
● Significant professional experience with Java or language required by the specialty, 7+ years experience
● Experience with GraphQL, SpringBoot
● Experience with PostgresQL 2+ years
● Experience with cloud providers Amazon AWS or similar
● Experience with Graphana/NewRelic or similar technologies
● Experience with SPA is a plus
● Experience with Kubernetes is a plus
● Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems JVM profiling, database profiling)
● Comfort working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process
● CI/CD experience
● TDD experience is a plus